I love everything about Halloween. I love dressing up, the decorations, the candy. It’s such an exciting time, especially as a parent. My kids inherited my love for Halloween so I make it a month long festivity! I prepare ghost toast in the morning using a ghost cookie cutter, pumpkin shaped pancakes, sandwiches cut into the word BOO! On Halloween, I boo their lunches with fake eyeballs and spider stickers. It's so much fun.
Our all-time Halloween favourite has got to be these Marsh Mummies. These wrapped up little guys are so cute and just as yummy! Who wouldn’t want a yummy mummy?
- Jumbo marshmallows
- 1 12-oz bag of Wilton white chocolate
- 1 pack of Wilton candy eyeballs
- 1 pack of paper straws
- 1 skewer for decorating mummy
- Melt desired amount of chocolate according to the directions on the bag. I used approximately 1/4 of a bag for 6 mummies
- Insert straws inside marshmallows (do not poke through top)
- Dip one end of the skewer in the chocolate and drag it around the marshmallow. As the chocolate dries, it looks very much like the bandages of a mummy! I covered the entire top with the chocolate using a spoon. Each one will be unique and that makes them even more special
- Dot 2 spots of melted chocolate where you want the eyes and place an eye over each dot
- Stand the marsh mummies up and allow them to dry. I used a mason jar to hold them
Want to get more great content like this and keep up to date with Mabel’s Labels? Sign up for our newsletter!