When people talk about summer, camp seems to be a popular activity for kids. But what if your little ones aren’t heading to camp this summer?
Here are some fun ideas for those stay at home kids!
- Neighborhood fun
- Do your kids have friends in the neighborhood? Have them take turns going to each other’s homes and make their own fun.
- Day trips
- Set aside some days this summer and plan to go to activities around your area! Many museums have special summer exhibits; look up what’s in your area.
- Get crafty
- Pinterest is a great resource for kid’s crafts & games.
- Make your own summer camp
- Get creative! If your kids aren’t going to camp, bring camp to them. Set up daily activities like a photography lesson with disposable cameras, arts and crafts, take them to a lake to go canoeing!
- Go camping
- Maybe it’s just setting up a tent in your backyard – have fun with it! Try to sneak away for a weekend and roast some marshmallows.
- Get ideas from your kids
- Make a summer bucket list! Ask them what they want to do and how they’d like to spend their summer. Try to cross as many activities off the list as you can.
Summer can be fun no matter what you have planned! Come up with a few ideas and follow through, you’ll have a great summer – I promise!
What are your plans for the next few months?
About the Author
Sandra Barbera is the Social Media Coordinator at Mabel’s Labels. She is an avid traveler and lover of the internet. You can find her on Twitter @sandrabells