A couple months ago, we put out the call to bloggers who thought they could bring a fresh perspective to The Mabelhood, and you answered! The response was overwhelming and we loved pouring over all of the amazing entries we received. We laughed, we cried and we commiserated. A big thank you to everyone who submitted!
With that being said, we're so excited to introduce you to the new voices you'll be seeing on The Mabelhood. We loved reading their stories and we think you will too. Here they are!
Mark is a 40-something father of five who lives in Mississauga, Ontario. When he’s not working at one of the big Canadian banks or raising his kids, he likes to cheer for the Habs and eat amazing food with his wife Vanessa. Mark will be our resident dad blogger.
Fun facts about Mark:
1. Big board game enthusiast and comic book nerd
2. Catered own wedding with his wife
3. Montreal Canadiens fan
4. Lived in Mexico for a year building houses
Cheyenne, a photographer and stay-at-home-mom, resides with her amazing hubby, two crazy kiddos, Border Collie and two evil cats in the suburbs of Houston, Texas. Besides photography, her greatest passions include lots of coffee, autumn, flea markets, vintage finds, old books, and red wine. When she’s not wrangling babies or shooting them (with her camera, of course), you can find her over at her blog, Girl v. The World, where she writes about everything from DIY, decor, motherhood, and healthy living, to the occasional product review or giveaway of things she loves. Cheyenne will be blogging about all things DIY.
Fun facts about Cheyenne:
1. Was a lawyer for six years before having kids
2. Obsessed with everything Scottish
3. Has an uncanny ability to memorize movie music scores
4. Loves dancing. Her favorite styles are ballet and swing
5. Is addicted to paper planners and always has at least three at any given time
Natalie wishes she lived in a world where chocolate and Netflix marathons were a part of a healthy lifestyle. Since that’s not going to happen, she balances it all with the occasional salad and trip to the gym. An HR professional by day and a freelance writer by night, Natalie is learning that balancing motherhood with two careers can be a great juggling act and finding time for anything in between can be tough. Natalie is a feature blogger at Yummy Mummy Club, Oh Baby Magazine and Tales from Mummy Land and is also a regular contributor at Huffington Post. She will be sharing her mom moments with us.
Fun facts about Natalie:
1. Can't say no to a chocolate chip cookie
2. Loves roller skating and secretly wishes roller rinks were still a cool place to hang out
3. Her dream is to write a novel
4. Will always choose beer over wine
5. Has never watched an entire Star Wars movie
Tara lives in New York with her husband David and children, Chloe and Max. Being a New Yorker can be difficult come winter, so Tara spends a lot of time in the kitchen with her kids, who have become her little sous chefs. They enjoy mixing and measuring, pouring and prepping, and eating! They're her inspiration for creative meals and the reason she's such a happy mommy. Tara will blog about food, cooking and all things delicious.
Fun facts about Tara:
1. A fool for fashion
2. A total foodie
3. Spin class keeps her sane
4. She finds it hard to choose between wine and coffee at 5p.m.
Jen is a proud wife and mother of two living in Markham, Ontario. After adopting both her girls at age four, Jen and her husband Daren became passionate advocates for older child adoption, foster care reform and LCBO gift cards. An avid traveller, Jen counts Hawaii, Edinburgh, Greece and Canada's east and west coasts among her favourite destinations. Jen is happiest when she's got her nose in a book, a glass of wine at her side and a nap on the horizon. When she's not blogging, Jen is busy cleaning up after three badly-behaved pets and working as a part-time College instructor and Stella & Dot Stylist. Jen will be sharing her mom moments with us.
Fun facts about Jen:
1. During university frosh week she swallowed a live goldfish. ON PURPOSE.
2. Tom Cruise once apologized for touching her (back when he was still sexy!)
3. Was at the men's gold medal hockey game at the Vancouver 2010 Olympics
4. Has never had a bikini wax
5. On her honeymoon, her husband flew first class to Europe and she flew coach. They’re still married
Jennifer is a mother of four, artist, writer and blogger. You can read about her escapades parenting, reliving her childhood and obsessing over Bruce Springsteen at jen groeber:mama art. The things she loves best are: her family, her friends, red wine, chocolate, raw oysters, sledding, paddle boarding and reading to her kids at night (her Harry Potter voices are legendary). Jennifer will be posting about all her mom moments.
Fun facts about Jennifer:
1. Was once in the marching band and homecoming court in the same year
2. Had four kids within 36 months
3. Has hosted a party called "Balls and Feathers" for 15 years, where women drink Prosecco and channel their inner Martha Stewart