I’m not what most would call a “cook”. I mean, I cook meals for my family on a regular basis and I know my way around the kitchen, but I wouldn’t say I’m an ‘amazing’ cook. I like to stick to simple meals that aren’t too complicated and include ingredients we usually have in the house. However, I do like trying new recipes from time to time, and I’m not afraid to give something new a whirl!
Like most households, we have a lot of favourite meals that we tend to stick to, but every now and then I’ll try a new recipe to see if it’s a hit or miss. If it’s a hit, we add it to our meal rotation. If it’s a miss, at least we tried something new, right? But there are meals that fall in between. They aren’t great…but they have potential. That brings me to my Meatloaf Muffin Recipe!
Awhile back, we tried a ‘Meatloaf Muffin’ recipe I found online. Following the recipe exactly, I gotta say…it was definitely a miss. We found it kind of blah. BUT, I really liked the idea of it. Come on, it’s meatloaf…in muffin form! So cute! So instead of calling that recipe a complete loss, I made some adjustments, made it my own, and now Meatloaf Muffins are a staple in our house! They’re delicious, healthy and look A LOT more appetizing than your regular meatloaf. In the colder months, we have them with mashed potatoes and gravy. In the summer, we serve them with veggies and a salad. They are definitely a year-round meal!
The recipe is below. I hope your family enjoys them as much as we do! And if you have little chefs in your house, have them help you measure and add ingredients!
Meatloaf Muffin Recipe
- 1 package/pound of ground chicken
- 1 cup of bread crumbs
- 1 egg mixed with a splash of milk
- 1 tbsp of Worcestershire Sauce
- 1-2 tbsp of Montreal Chicken Spice
- 1-2 tbsp of minced garlic
- ½ cup of onions (optional)
- ½ cup of red or orange peppers (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Beat the egg with a splash of milk and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl
- Mix ALL other ingredients in a large bowl
- Add the egg/milk/Worcestershire sauce mixture to large bowl and mix well
- Grab a 12-cup muffin pan and spray with cooking spray
- Place a scoop of meat mixture in each cup (I use an ice cream scoop!)
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes
- You can use ground beef instead of chicken, but we liked them with ground chicken better
- Use Montreal Steak Spice instead of Montreal Chicken Spice if using ground beef
- If you have a gluten allergy/sensitivity in your house, you can substitute GF crumbs
- Soy Sauce will work if you don’t have Worcestershire Sauce on hand
- Our guys like to use ketchup for dipping!