Are you one of those people who have little containers flying out at you when you open a cabinet door? I know you’re out there but don’t fret because I have a few tips to help you get your food storage containers under control.
1. Gather all of your containers and get them into one location so you can see what you have.
2. Match each container with its respective lid. If you have lids or containers without mates, toss or recycle them!
3. Did you just realize you have 50 containers? You might want to purge some. Keep a realistic amount.
4. Perhaps you didn’t have 50 but you noticed a few containers you don’t like or don’t use. Purge them!
5. Now, take a look at your collection and your storage options and see what will work best for you. Here are 3 ways to think about storing these containers.
- Stack like-sized containers inside each other with the lids stacked nice and neat in front of the container.
- Keep lids on containers and stack them on top of each other. (You must be blessed with ample storage space for this to work.)
- Nest your containers and store the lids vertically by size next to the containers. (This works best if you have a container to store your lids in. I know, I know: you’re thinking a container for your container lids?!)
And, last but not least, if you are using the cheap stuff for everyday use, you might want to think about upgrading because some of the new containers have been designed to make storage easier.