Whether you are decluttering your kitchen or your closet, here are a few simple questions to think about while you are sifting through your stuff. Sometimes decluttering can be an emotional process and asking yourself these questions will help you determine what’s worth keeping and what's letting go.
1. Do I Love It? ... I forgot about this award I got when I was in college...should I take a picture of it and let it go, or do I want to display it?
2. Do I Need It? ... Are You kidding me, part with my hair dryer? Never!
3. Will I Ever Use It? ... These black boots are cute, but I haven’t worn them in 6 years!?
4. Is It A Duplicate? ... Wow, I really have three melon ballers?
5. What Is The Worse Thing That Will Happen If I Let It Go? ... Ok, I’m letting go of two of my melon ballers. If I have a big melon decorating party I will just have to borrow a few more.
What questions do you ask yourself when decluttering?