Stuffed artichokes are so deliciously satisfying. They take some time to eat so you really get to enjoy each bite. My mom made them growing up and I was always so excited to get to the heart - my favourite part.
This was my first time making them. After eating them and remembering how yummy they are, this definitely will not be the last! They’re already on my Christmas Eve menu. They eat like a meal, so I’ll make enough for everyone to pick on…they can fight over the hearts!
2 1/2 cups Italian style breadcrumbs
3 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup olive oil + 1 tablespoon for drizzling
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Trim the tips of each leaf. Pull them outward and rinse each artichoke.
- In a bowl, add the breadcrumbs, cheese, garlic, parsley, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Drizzle the 1/4 cup of olive oil into the breadcrumb mixture. Stir until fully mixed.
- Starting from the bottom, fill each leaf with the mixture.
- Place artichokes in a large baking pan and fill the bottom of the pan with the chicken broth.
- Drizzle the remaining olive oil over the artichokes. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Cook for 30 minutes, baste with the chicken broth, recover and cook for another 30 minutes or until the leaves pull off easily.
Want to get more great content like this and keep up to date with Mabel’s Labels? Sign up for our newsletter!