September is a busy month around here. As if back to school time doesn't keep us busy enough, we also celebrate both of my children's birthdays!
We have a birthday breakfast tradition that we do for each kiddo, school day or not: S'more French Toast. It's become a family favourite and it's the perfect way to start the day off celebrating!
- Sliced bread of your choice (I use quinoa bread to boost the nutritional value)
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup of 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons Nutella
- 2 tablespoons Fluff
- 1 sleeve Graham Crackers
- Mix the egg, milk, and cinnamon together.
- Using a glass (or anything round), cut a circle out of your bread. Dip the bread into the egg mixture.
- Heat a pan on a medium flame. Spray the pan with non-stick cooking spray. Cook each slice until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Let cool.
- In a food processor, pulse your graham crackers until fine.
- Top each slice of cooked french toast with a tablespoon of Nutella and a tablespoon of Fluff.
- Sprinkle the tops of each with the graham crackers.
You can even put sprinkles on top to make the meal even more festive! Enjoy!