My kids love to create themed crafts for each holiday. Are your kids the same?
We've got a cute craft for you this Valentine's Day! Create this love bug puppet craft with your little love bugs, Our love bug likes to fly around and whisper all kinds of things to our family members, cats included!
Make several different love bugs with different coloured cups, pipe cleaners, and facial expressions and you can put on a puppet show! These would be a fun activity for a class party as well! Heart doilies would be perfect wings for this little love bug if you can find them.
Let's get started! First, gather your supplies and prep your space. Doing this before the kids join you will help keep things organized and less chaotic.
Love Bug Puppet Craft
- Paper cup
- 2 pipe cleaners
- 2 doilies
- Googly eyes
- Heart stickers
- Pom poms
- Using hot glue or school glue, glue your doilies to the back of your paper cup to be the wings.
- Create your antenna by making a circle loop on one end of the pipe cleaner and then bending it in in the middle to create a heart shape. Make a spiral by shaping it around your finger or marker.
- Use something sharp (we used a pencil) to poke 2 small holes in the bottom of your cup and insert the antennas. Secure with a bit of glue.
- Glue on some googly eyes and a pom pom as a nose. Draw on a smiley face.
- Adorn your love bug with heart stickers and/or doodles and once it's dry, let your love bug fly!
Time to put on a puppet show! Will your kids be having a class Valentine's Day party?