I absolutely love Thanksgiving. Being gathered around the table, telling old stories, laughing, eating, drinking…. Nothing beats it. I host every holiday. Yes…I said it. Every. Single. Holiday. I’m not always the hostess with the mostess. I tend to get overwhelmed. The kitchen is cray and I have the kids asking for something every 10 minutes. They’re both hungry even though they’ve JUST eaten. To avoid being the disgruntled host, I make a lot of apps so the kids can pick throughout the day as I cook. I’m trying out some new recipes this year and have compiled my list to share with you all. I’m aiming for finger foods that are easy to grab and eat.
Kid-Friendly Thanksgiving Appetizers
- Just a Taste’s 5-Ingredient Butternut Squash Fritters scream Fall to me. I think the kids will love these.
- Skinnytatse’s Mini Greek Spinach Pies are a healthier version of Max’s favorite Spanakopita. He’s going to be really happy to see these on the menu.
- Martha Stewart’s Mini Ham and Cheese Quiches make my mouth water just looking at them! I think they’ll go quickly.
- Princess Pinky Girl’s Veggie Turkey Tray is something I’ve been wanting to make FOREVER! The kids will be so excited at its cuteness.
- The Comfort of Cooking’s Mini Pizza’s will be a great addition. Pizza is a family favorite. I plan on buying the pizza dough from our local Pizzeria. I’m going to precut with a cookie cutter and have the ingredients out for the kids to choose their own toppings. This will also keep them busy while I cook.
I think I’ve chosen wisely. The kids will be happy. The adults will be happy and, hopefully, I’ll be a happy hostess, too!
Happy Thanksgiving to all. Enjoy!
Want to get more great content like this and keep up to date with Mabel’s Labels? Sign up for our newsletter!